Persian cats are delicate creatures that desire attention and love. Their long coated fur and silky, colorful eyes will make your heart race as their beauty is truly mesmerizing!
At a Glance: Best Cat Food For Persian Cats
- Top Pick: Nom Nom Chicken Chow Meow
- Runner Up: Smalls Cat Food
- Value Pick: Wellness Complete Health Natural Canned Grain Free Wet Pate Cat Food
Although they are not the most energetic of cats, they love to rest, relax, and cuddle with their owners to pass the time.
Nevertheless, their liveliness and spark is constantly apparent since even as adults, they always have kitten-like attributes.
The Persian cat breed is known to live for roughly 8-11 years, although this strongly depends on its personal health, happiness, and comfort of living. Being a cat of royalty, they constantly need to be groomed as they shed very often.
A bit of History
An adult Persian cat will vary in size depending on if it is a male or female. Generally, an adult male Persian cat can weigh roughly 12 pounds or more.
A female Persian cat, on the other hand, usually stays within an 8 -12 pound range. Despite the size in weight, a Persian cat may look much larger as their glossy, luscious fur is thick and full of volume and mass.
Their history stems from Persia where they were first sighted. They were once called the Sand Cat as their long fur protected them from the heat and sand. In the 1500s, Sand cats were imported in Italy where they were bred with another long haired cat of Turkey.
Their decedents are the modern Persian cats of today. It was not until the 1900s that the Persian cat was introduced in the United States.
Choosing the best cat food for your Persian cat
Identifying a great cat food involves reading labels, learning about the brand behind the food, and understanding the different types of cat food.
High Quality cat food is rich with protein, has minimal carbohydrate content and require the right amounts of moderate fat concentrations .
With that in mind we went out and did a lot of research to help you find the best cat food for your Persian cat.
Best Canned, Soft & Wet Cat Food For Persian Cats
Nom Nom Chicken Chow Meow
|50% OFF Your First Order|
Smalls Cat Food
|Get 25% Off Your First Order|
Wellness Complete Health
Nom Nom Chicken Chow Meow Review
First 5 Ingredients: Chicken breast, thigh, and liver, Asparagus, Carrot, Spinach, Cantaloupe
Nom Nom’s cat food delivery service chicken formula is made from chicken as a species-appropriate source of protein, along with small amounts of fruits and vegetables. All ingredients are human-grade and minimally processed plus it’s an ultra-convenient way to feed your Persian cat grain-free food. NomNo
- High-moisture human-grade food
- Made from highly-digestible protein
- Conveniently shipped to your door
- Offers 20% Off discount on your first order
- Above average in cost
Smalls Cat Food
First 5 Ingredients: Chicken thigh, chicken breast, chicken liver, green beans, peas
Smalls cat food is customized for your cat’s needs and life stage, with chicken, turkey, and beef recipes to suit your cat’s preferences and provide them with a source of all-natural protein plus very small amounts of vegetables. High in moisture just like the prey cats capture in the wild, this fresh cat food is made with human-grade ingredients and delivered on schedule.
- Fresh flavors appeal to the pickiest Persian cats
- Specifically formulated for your cat and made to order
- Human-grade cat food with real meat as the first ingredient
- Extra broth, flavor packets, and feeding instructions included
- Delivered fresh on schedule, start with a trial before committing
- Complete nutrients to support your Persian’s health
- Priced a bit higher than average market cost
Wellness Complete Health Natural Canned Grain Free Wet Pate Cat Food
This Wellness Complete food is primarily made from meat ingredients, is rich in highly-digestible protein, and is free from grains, potatoes, corn, soy, wheat,artificial ingredients, added growth hormones and steroids.
- Not only does this product contain all natural and premium ingredients, but it has no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.
- High meat content with muscle meat and organs
- Grain-free with no fast carbs or artificial ingredients
- Produced in North America
Hill’s Science Diet Adult Tender Dinner Chunks & Gravy Cat Food
- This product is best for when your Persian cat is making its way into adulthood.
- It helps build body weight and allows for an easy and healthy digestive system.
- There are numerous flavors your cat can choose from as well.
Purina Fancy Feast Poultry & Beef Feast Collection Cat Food
- Great Texture, which makes it super easy to eat and better for smooth digestion.
- The meat and poultry bites are full of delicious gravy flavor and have a texture that Persian cats love.
- Provides all the nutrients that are necessary to have a happy and healthy Persian cat.
Best Dry Food For Persian Cats
Wysong Optimal Vitality Dry Cat Food
Stella & Chewy's Duck Duck Goose Dinner Morsels
Hill's Ideal Balance Natural Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe
Wysong Optimal Vitality Adult Feline Formula Dry Cat Food
This brand of dry food is also great as many times a cat will experience stomach problems when consuming too much wet food. Incorporating some dry goods into your cat’s diet will balance this out.
- Has a low level of carbohydrates and glycemic index, which is found in numerous other dry food brands.
- It also has no artificial additives or non-nutritional ingredients.
- Great flavors to choose from.
Stella & Chewy’s Duck Duck Goose Dinner Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Cat Food Review
First 5 Ingredients: Duck (Ground With Bone), Turkey, Turkey Liver, Goose, Turkey Gizzard
Nourish your Persian cat’s appetite with this high-energy blend of bone-in duck, goose, and turkey.
98% of the recipe is poultry, organs, and bone. The rest of the recipe includes probiotics to support your Sphynx’s digestive health, along with additional vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
- Made with a slim ingredient list
- Formulated with probiotics for digestive health
- Made without fillers, grains, and other high-waste ingredients
- Made without any of the top cat food allergens
- Freeze-dried food requires rehydration before serving
Ideal Balance Natural Chicken And Brown Rice Recipe Dry Cat Food
- Omega 3 &6, and other fatty acids for healthy skin and coat.
- There are no artificial flavors, nor is there corn, wheat, or soy in their goods.
- Good value for money
Homemade Cat Food and Raw Diet
As with many breeds of cats, the Persian cat can eat numerous types of homemade cat food meals. It is imperative that they consume protein as this ancient breed would eat its prey.
They are able to eat chicken, turkey, fish, and other types of seafood. There is no need to create a specific homemade cat food recipe for your Persian cat as they love eating protein they way you do.
They enjoy different flavors and not repeating the same meal over and over again. This is also a good opportunity to feed it wet food, which is what they generally prefer to consume and what they tend to eat the most.
On top of that, these wet foods provide an extra form of water intake which is extremely important for the Persian cat breed. If your Persian does like drinking water form the bowl you can try buying a cat water fountains.
The reason for this is due to the fact that Persian cats are susceptible to polycystic kidney disease. As a result, many veterinarians recommend that a typical Persian cat diet plan include roughly 80% wet or moist food, as opposed to generic dry food.
Also Read: Best Cat Food for Kidney Disease
Dry cat foods should still be a part of your Persian cat food list. With regard to raw food, there is always some caution as raw food tends to carry bacteria that could be extremely harmful for your pet.
Therefore, one should consult their vet to get Persian cat food suggestions with regard to raw meats. Water should be consumed in large quantities in order to always stay hydrated and healthy. The water bowl should constantly be changed and filtered with clean water.
Persian cats are susceptible to specific allergies that an owner should be aware of. This will permit prevention of illness and sicknesses that can harm your cat. One of the more imperative factors that an owner should pay attention to is Persian cat food allergies.
- dairy products
The best treatment is obviously prevention. Unfortunately, some of these ingredients are apparent in many store bought food products.
Also Read: Best Cat Food for Sensitive Stomach
Therefore, prevention is hard. There are other helpful ways to make your cat feel better or to aid it from catching allergies. Bathing your cat once or twice a week can always help as it removes the possibility of external sicknesses.
If your cat is very sick, medication may be the fastest and most effective treatment. It is important to think twice before you use over the counter products.
Always visit your veterinarian and get prescribed medication that directly correlates to the symptoms and illness.
If you aren’t too happy about giving your cat medication, supplements can be the next best thing for you and your pet. probiotics and Omega-3 and omega-6 for cats are known to relieve some allergy symptoms in cats.