Our Review ProcessOur reviews are based on extensive research and, when possible, hands-on testing. Each time you make a purchase through one of our independently-chosen links, we’ll receive a percentage of the proceeds. Read more about how we’re supported here.
Cats are an integral part of our lives. They give us all the love and companionship we could ask for. Nowadays, people keep all kinds of domestic animals as pets. Recent statistics, however, indicate that the most common pets are cats, followed by dogs and small birds.
We did some research to find out all about the new trend of cat nail caps. It turnes out that nail caps are an great alternative to declawing. They are pretty simple to apply at home, and both cats and their owners love them. They are safe to use and can be used on felines of all ages.
At A Glance: Our Top Picks For Best Nail And Claw Caps For Cats
Want a quick look at the products reviewed in this article? In the comparison table below, we’ve highlighted some of the most important features of each product. You’ll find more detailed information about each product later in the article.
Why Use Cat Nail Caps?
In the market, there are original silicone covers to cover the cats’ nails. They are marketed as the great solution so that the minions do not have scratch sofas, doors, furniture, etc. This fabulous product is both very simple and a brilliant idea.
These are transparent or colored cases for cats’ nails that prevent them from damaging furniture and upholstery when they sharpen their nails.
If your cat has ruined some furniture in your house, you know what we are talking about. Nail sharpening is a natural behavior in felines, and while there are poles and scrapers for that purpose, they do not always use them.
This product is a more humane alternative to surgical extraction of the nails, which requires general anesthesia and subsequent care to prevent the wounds from becoming infected.
What To Look For When Buying Cat Nail Caps?
- Quality: The false nails are available in different colors and transparent that you can hardly see. They are made of a vinyl polymer very soft and light, so they do not bother the animal at all, they can walk, spread their claws and even scratch with total normality.
- Price: This is not a product that we may consider expensive. So, for example, each standard pack costs between $ 2.93 and $ 10. Specifically, in stores like Amazon, we find the package of covers 200 pieces to 20 $ brand Soft Claws which is one of the most popular.
- Authorize vendor: You can find them in stores like Amazon, Petco, SoftPaws and Petsmart
How Long Does Cat Nail Last Caps?
They last between four and six weeks, as the cat’s claws grow, and are simple to replace. Thousands of cats are rescued each year from being disengaged, and they are beautiful too.
They are also called soft claws, come in different colors and cover the cat’s claws avoiding them to scratch or damage furniture while still being able to scratch, stretch and mark. Although not difficult to place, some cats may bother and can be scrambled to dodge, but if the cat is quiet, surely let us put the covers in the claws.
An Alternative To Declawing
On the one hand, these cases are not as frustrating as a nail amputation, that’s clear. Cat declawing is harmful and cruel, but in this case, it is equally noticeable that, with them in place, the cat can not scratch the scraper or climb for it, but with problems.
Of course, do not dream of doing so with the same energy and manner as if you did not carry these capsules. And scratching nails fulfills an important function to stretch thier muscles, to mark the territory and an endless number of other things.
- The positive part of this invention is the furniture of the house and the people, who do not receive scratches, while the negative if it exists, will be suffered by the animal.
- If the cat swallows them, it eliminates them through the excrement, reason why, in this sense, they do not prove toxic.
- Protect your skin against a malicious scratch when a pussy gets angry.
- This product is a more humane alternative to the surgical extraction of nails
- These sleeves do not stand very long and should constantly be beating if the cat is moderately active. Also, it will be an ordeal, perhaps impossible, to apply it to wild cats.
- To last, they would have to eliminate the scraper, and this is something that does not suit the cat: Remember that they need scraper not only to sharpen their nails but their communicative function.
You can find this gadget in specialized stores or online sales sites, such as Amazon.com. As for it works in its main task (the protection of the setting and decrease of ugly scratches) yes, they are effective! In their hands is if they are encouraged to try.