Our Review ProcessOur reviews are based on extensive research and, when possible, hands-on testing. Each time you make a purchase through one of our independently-chosen links, we’ll receive a percentage of the proceeds. Read more about how we’re supported here.
We can’t imagine life without our beloved felines, they satisfy our need for love and companionship. But one serious issue most cat caregivers have to face on a daily basis is shedding, shedding and yes you guest it – more shedding.
If you have a furry cat than you know what I mean, it is quite common for your cat to occasionally lose hair all over the house. Cats especially shed a lot, since it is their natural way of getting rid of excess hair. If left unattended, shedding can have significant consequences for pets and their owners.
To reduce the inconveniences brought on by shedding, it is important to regularly groom your pet cat. But how do you know which is the best cat grooming and deshedding glove to reduce shedding? Well, we went out and researched our brains out to find the best grooming and deshedding glove for cats.
At A Glance: Our Top Picks For Best Cat Grooming And Deshedding Gloves To Buy
Want a quick look at the products reviewed in this article? In the comparison table below, we’ve highlighted some of the most important features of each product. You’ll find more detailed information about each product later in the article.
- Made from quality velour coating
- Cats love the gentle soft silicon tips and its soft gloves
- One size fits all
- Made to be used in either wet or dry conditions
- Helps remove excess hair
- Eco friendly
- Adjustable wrist strap that fits to everyone.
- Also works as a deshedding tool tool
Top 8 Best Rated Cat Grooming And Deshedding Gloves Reviewed
#1 HandsOn All-In-One Bathing & Grooming Gloves
Solid brand with great reviews, these grooming and shedding gloves are great for before or after bathing, scratching and cleaning excess hairs from your cat. It provides a comfortable and easy way to take care of those heavy shedders.
- Very comfortable feel.
- Various sizes and flexibility.
- Easy to use.
- These gloves are only available in black color, no other color options.
#2 Pet Thunder Better Petter Dog & Cat Gentle Grooming Mitt
This cat grooming glove has a great reputation and for good reason. It works well for long and short-haired cats, and serves as an effective tool to combat shedding, while keeping to a minimum pet hair from your furniture, food, and clothes.
- Made from quality velour coating that cleans off every spot of fur.
- Cats love the gentle soft silicon tips and soft gloves.
- Affordable price.
- The strap on the gloves cannot be tightened once it gets wet.
#3 Four Paws Magic Coat Love Glove Grooming Mitt
Neat and clean glove to clean all your cat’s loose hairs . Cats feel like they are just getting a massage due to the gentle tips on the surface of the glove. Product is quite multi-functional in the sense that you can pet your cat, or use it as a massager, or as a shower scrub during bathing to be able to reach through to the skin for a good cleansing.
- Adjustable for everyone’s hand, so no need to buy in different sizes.
- Traps pet hair in the gloves so no fur goes flying.
- Safe to use, as glove surface is super-soft.
- Glove isn’t water proof, so hand can get wet when bathing.
#4 Pat Your Pet Five Finger Grooming Glove
This Eco-friendly cat grooming glove is highly effective. Soft rubber ensures gentle massage and grooming without painful removing of fur or scratching the skin. Overall – a solid product yet similar to other products in the same category.
- Universal fit.
- Gentle soft silicon tips and soft gloves won’t scare pets away.
- Calming massaging sensation.
- The strap cannot be tightened if gets wet. Be sure to fasten before using for a bath.
#5 Pet Grooming Glove – Gentle Deshedding Brush Glove
The Delomo Store brand has developed a patent unique double sided pet grooming glove that can be used on both the LEFT or RIGHT hands.
- One size fits all, and is good for both right and left handed people.
- Made to be used in either wet or dry conditions.
- Helps remove excess hair very easily, and fur peals off very easily.
- Good for pets with either long or short hair.
- Hard to clean from any dirt that might accumulate when stroking fur coat.
- Might be to big for a woman’s hand.
#6 Petbuddies FurStatic Pet Grooming Glove
This blue colored petting glove is unique in its style and functionality. This glove is very flexible and one or two fingers can move individually . Effective for small cats and for big pets with hard to reach places.
- Flexible as you can move each of your fingers separately to remove fur from hard-to-reach places.
- Its a two sided glove so that you don’t need to clean two gloves at a time.
- Soft and gentle touch.
- The product is not water proof.
- May be harder to use for big pets.
#7 Mr. Peanut’s Right-Handed Grooming Glove Pet Brush
When it comes to cleaning your cat’s the fur, there is nothing like Mr. Peanut’s Right-Handed Grooming Glove Pet Brush Deshedding gloves. These are great for both fur removal and massaging your cat.
- Eco friendly – these are made up of silicon and polyester.
- Adjustable wrist strap that fits everyone.
- Also works as a deshedding glove.
- The strap doesn’t secure well if opened when the glove is wet.
#8 Petmate FurBuster 3-in-1 Dog Grooming Glove
A pair of gloves especially for cleaning and deshedding your cat’s fur while you are bating him. It is easy to wear, and the water proof gloves will make sure your hand doesn’t get wet during bath time. The pair of these glove is easy to use, adjust and clean.
- Adjustable for every type of hand as it has flexible straps, which keep the hands tight and clean.
- Easy to use
- Machine washable
- There have been some complaints of the strap not lasting for long.
Grooming your cat and deshedding his fur doesn’t have to be a struggle. If some cats run away as soon as they see you come close with your grooming and deshedding tool, that just means you may be using a tool your feline doesn’t feel comfortable with.
As finicky as cats may be, they will still enjoy a gentle rub and petting. Just use one of the gloves above, and you will find that grooming and deshedding your cat turns from a struggle, to some great quality time with your cat. Happy grooming!