The Savannah cat is an interesting and unique breed that possesses exquisite patterns and colors which provide them with a decorative value when following a healthy diet. Here are the top male and female Savannah names with meanings.
Top Male Savannah Cat Names
- Noah- Noah represents a Hebrew masculine name that means comfort and rest.
- Milo- This name was derived from the name of the cat in the movie known as the Milo and Otis. The name, however, has no specific meaning.
- Atlas- Atlas means one who endures/ suffers.
- Harley- This male Savannah name comes from the Harley Davidson, a renowned motorcycle brand.
- Arthur- This one means as strong as a rock, follower of Thor and noble.
- Nemo- Nemo is a name that comes from a classic science fiction novel called, ‘Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea,’ written and published in 1870 by Jules Verne. The book featured a particular captain known as Nemo, and hence the name.
- Bongo- This name refers to some connected drums that are played with the use of hands.
- Alex- Alex simply means, ‘defending men.’
- Max/ Maximillian- These two names can be used interchangeably. They are both Latin words that mean the biggest or greatest.
- Scooter- The scooter is an English name that means a crazy cool cat.
Top Female Cat Names
- Ayla- This Hebrew word means an oak tree.
- Jasmine- Jasmine is a tropical plant that has fragrant flowers.
- Daisy- Daisy is a beautiful and healthy looking cat.
- Alexa- Almost similar to Alex. Alexa means, ‘defending men.’
- Beth- This is an English name for a female Savannah meaning a house of God.
- Annika- Annika originates from Sweden, and it is the most powerful Goddess in Hindu.
- Nala- This name comes from the Simba’s friend in The Lion King, a Disney animated movie.
- Mia- Mia is a Spanish name which is pronounced as Mee-ah, and it means mine. Some people also use it to refer to the famous soccer player, Mia Hamm.
- Sheba- Just as the name suggests, this name is derived from the legendary Queen of Sheba.
- Astras- Astra is Hindin word which means, a legendary supernatural weapon. Using the astras was only premited under specific conditions, Violation of which would proof fatal
Savannah Kitten names For The Wild And Exotic
- Cheetah- Big, fast and agile.
- Hunter- All cats, to the core, are hunters. This name is as fun as it is cool.
- Mowgli- Originally from the jungle. This name is perfectly accurate.
- Leo- Gangstar cat name. Modern and loved by younger generations.
- Leopard- great if your Savannah cat actually looks like a baby leopard.
- Lion/Lioness- Savannahs are the furry kings and queens of the house.
- Lynx- Because Lynxes are cool YO!
- Ocelot- A dwarf leopard that lives in South America.
- Tiger/Tigress- One of the greatest felines.
Names based on appearance
- Amber- Amber is a color between orange and gold.
- Butterscotch- Sweet name for a Savannah with warm gold fur.
- Ginger- Great name if his/her fur is of reddish marking.
- Marble- A fantastic name if your cat is light gray or white, exactly like precious marble;
- Onyx- Absolutely cool sounding name for black Savannah cats;
- Pepper- If you don’t like Onyx, you can go for pepper;
- Shadow- Sounds like a ninja’s name.
- Speckles- The name says it all.
- Spot- A classic, common and cute name;
- Sunset- The beautiful coloring of many Savannah cats look almost like a sunset.
- Aslan- Aslan the lion is on of the main characters “The Chronicles of Narnia”.
- Bagheera- The black panther in “The Jungle Book”;
- Bengie- A cute word pun on the Savannah name.
- Blaze- A great name for a fast animal.
- Garfield- Because Garfield is a boss!
- Rajah- The tiger in Aladdin;
- Saber- As a tribute to the great saber-toothed cats.
- Salem- Often used in movies as the name of a witch’s cat.
- Scar- Simba’s evil uncle in “The Lion King”Simba: the main character in “The Lion King” movies.
- Yeti- You could choose a name that belongs to the abominable snowman.
- Stormy- Strong weather names make great choices for male cats.
Do you have other interesting Savannah cat names you would like to share with us?.
Please let us know in the comments section.